Carrapateena Underground mine
Fabrication was completed for a number of sections for the Carrapateena Underground Mine. We fabricated and supplied the structural steelwork for the following:
- 133.7T for the head end of a conveyor including; handrails, grating & treads.
- The tail end of the same conveyor
- Supports for the same conveyor including; handrails, grating & treads.
- Crushing Station Crane Access Platform
- Crushing Station Mantle Storage Frame
- Crushing Station Tipples
- The head end of another conveyor
- Crushing workshop floor & mantle maintenance.
- Crushing Station Lower Stairwell
- Crushing Station Under Pocket Access Door
- Crushing Station 5T maintenace crane
- Collection Conveyor Supports
- Picking Conveyor
- Tramp Magnet Support
- Picking Station
- Bunker Conveyor
- Crushing Station Stairwell Airlock
- Crushing Station Rockbreaker Enclosure
Our scope for this project included; Mechanical Design, Detailing, Material Supply, Fabrication, NDT, Hydrotesting, Blast & Paint, Cladding & Insulation and Delivery.
Material used for fabrication consisted of the following:
- Hot Rolled Sections to AS3679.1:300
- Hollow Sections to AS1163 (C250 & C350)
- Welded Beams to AS3679.2:300
- Plates/Cleats to AS3678-250
- Packers to A240 (304 & 316)
- Bisalloy 500 or equivalent for the liners
- Pins to grade 4140T & 20Mn V6
- Rail to DIN 536
- Rubber to Duro 40 or similar
Some of the project details are as follows:
Project Number: 19070