Thornton Engineering manufactured a Flare Scrubber for an Australian oil and gas producer. Used on an offshore oil platform, our scope of work included:
- Vessel design and detailing, including third-party verification
- Statutory design registration
- Global procurement of raw materials
- Development of several weld procedures, including exotics
- Manufacture of vessel
- Testing of vessel – hydrostatic, proof load testing
- Surface treatment and decontamination
- Transportation to site
- Steel was sourced internationally from a mill in France due to the strict chemical restrictions.
All fabrication for the project was performed in-house, giving Thornton Engineering greater project control with less reliance on sub-contractors and less risk on scheduled activities. This included rolling, all welding activities, hydrotesting, proof load testing, surface preparation and decontamination testing in our 40m in-line paint shop.
|Client||Esso Australia Pty Ltd|
|Dimensions||6900mm T-T x 2304mm OD|
|Design Pressure||1035 / -80 kPa(g)|
|Material||(6Mo) ASTM-A240-N08367 (Plate), ASTM-A182-F44 (Forgings)|